[vtk-developers] VTK Master git pull --rebase issue.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 01:26:00 EDT 2017

Shawn and Brad,

I can confirm that I am seeing the same thing in Linux and Windows.
I only got alerted to this because the VTK master was suspiciously stable
:-)
You probably don't see this in the CTest machines as I think they do a
delete of the source and then fetch from the master.

Shawn, you may have something!

There seem to be some inconsistences regarding these .gitattributes files
in the ./Testing directories.

Iin Testing there are these .gitattributes files:
./Testing/Data/LSDyna/.gitattributes
./Testing/Data/MFIXReader/.gitattributes
./Testing/Data/NetCDF/.gitattributes
./Testing/Data/SLAC/.gitattributes
./Testing/Data/WindBladeReader/.gitattributes

The only ones being deleted when CMake runs are:
        ./Testing/Data/MFIXReader/.gitattributes
        ./Testing/Data/NetCDF/.gitattributes
        ./Testing/Data/WindBladeReader/.gitattributes
and in these directories these files register as untracked:
        ./Testing/Data/MFIXReader/.gitattributes.md5
        ./Testing/Data/NetCDF/.gitattributes.md5
        ./Testing/Data/WindBladeReader/.gitattributes.md5

In:
./Testing/Data/LSDyna/.gitattributes the file has these contents:
bug_14713/bug_14713.d3plot.md5 vtk-is-large-data
foam/foam.d3plot.md5 vtk-is-large-data
foam/foam.d3plot01.md5 vtk-is-large-data
hemi.draw/hemi_draw.d3plot.md5 vtk-is-large-data
hemi.draw/hemi_draw.d3plot01.md5 vtk-is-large-data
hemi.draw/hemi_draw.d3thdt.md5 vtk-is-large-data
hemi.draw/hemi_draw.glstat.md5 vtk-is-large-data
hemi.draw/hemi_draw.k.md5 vtk-is-large-data
impact/d3plot.md5 vtk-is-large-data
impact/d3plot01.md5 vtk-is-large-data
the folders referred to in this file contain .md files of that name.

./Testing/Data/MFIXReader/ there is no .gitattributes file just
a .gitattributes.md5 along with a bunch of .md files.

Regards
   Andrew

On Fri, Sep 29, 2017 at 5:05 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> On 09/28/2017 09:17 AM, Shawn Waldon wrote:
> > It appears that CMake thinks they are data files and is making MD5s of
> them.
>
> That should only happen if some code is telling CMake that they
> are data by mentioning them in a `DATA{}` reference somewhere.
> That syntax does support directories and globbing, so it may be
> by mistake.
>
> -Brad

Andrew J. P. Maclean