[vtk-developers] Texture issues causing vtkImageResliceMapper to fail

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Sep 5 21:18:35 EDT 2017

My guess is something is calling Set(..) on a texture or point array and
not marking it modified.  There was a change I made recently that will
cause those cases to not update the VBO.

On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 7:00 PM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm doing a bisect right now.  Builds take forever, though.
>
> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 4:58 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> David,
>>
>> git bisect is great for identifying the culprit.
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 5, 2017 at 6:37 PM David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Something has changed in VTK in the past couple weeks relating to
>>> textures that is causing vtkImageResliceMapper to fail.   The problem can
>>> be seen in Examples/ImageProcessing/Python/ImageInteractorReslice.py:
>>> if the window is resized to make the window taller or wider, then the
>>> texture appears to be stretched in the wrong direction.  It's almost as if
>>> somewhere in the code the "x" texture coords are being read as "y" and
>>> vice-versa.
>>>
>>> Can anyone point me to a place to look?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>  - David
>>> vtk-developers

>>> --
>> Unpaid intern in BillsBasement at noware dot com

Ken Martin PhD
Distinguished Engineer
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.