[vtk-developers] heads up - vtk 8.1 branch is coming soon

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Thu Oct 26 11:58:52 EDT 2017

Den 26 okt. 2017 4:18 em skrev "David E DeMarle" <dave.demarle at kitware.com>:

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM, Elvis Stansvik <
elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

> Den 26 okt. 2017 12:11 fm skrev "David E DeMarle" <
> dave.demarle at kitware.com>:
>
> Bah, important typos in that:
>
> I should have written:
> "Long term plan is for 9.0 after 8.1. We expect 8.1 before end of year and
> 9.0 sometime in spring."
>

> Phew :)
>
> BTW, no more 8.0.x point release planned? Or will that happen/not happen
> depending on how much turns up before 8.1?

There will be no 8.0.2.

> I have this problem with thin volumes that was fixed in master, but was
> hoping to avoid having to run a patched 8.0.1.

What is master will soon be 8.1. If master works in your work you can be
pretty confident that 8.1 will too.

Alright, thanks for the info. Was just asking in case there would be an
8.0.2. But I'll keep running a patched 8.0.1 until 8.1 is out then. I'd
rather keep as close to a released version as possible, even if I know VTK
has a very sunny master.

Elvis

Elvis