[vtk-developers] ANN: VTK Book Examples
bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 14:52:55 EDT 2017
We've started an effort to convert all of the examples mentioned in
the VTK Book. This is a works in progress.
Since some of the API's have changed, the new implementations may
differ from those in the book. Also, since Tcl used less frequently,
the examples have been converted to C++. The examples are also
enhanced by newer VTK features, like vtkNamedColors and
Each Figure example
1) links to the source code of the new implementation,
2) links to the doxygen documentation for classes demonstrated,
3) shows the original figure caption and,
4) if the example produces an image, links to the full resolution image.
5) If the caption includes a source file reference, e.g. bluntStr.cxx
or rotations.tcl, that reference links to the original source code.
Go to: https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/VTKBookFigures/
Figures that have been converted will show an image on the right:
For example see:
Please enjoy this new effort to revive the VTK Figure examples.
More information about the vtk-developers