[vtk-developers] Odd cdash results

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Tue Oct 3 15:10:09 EDT 2017

On Tue, Oct 03, 2017 at 14:58:52 -0400, Ken Martin wrote:
> Been noticing that my cdash results include other topics. For example see
> the mix of MRs here. Click on the cdash link here
>
> https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/3388
>
> and you get to
>
> https://open.cdash.org/index.php?compare1=61&filtercount=1&field1=revision&project=VTK&showfilters=0&limit=100&value1=05e222affeb703c54915524a06c5aa7a17d8d51f&showfeed=0
>
> which includes my topic add_swap_control_method and also another topic
> fix-getattributes-data  They are reported with the same hash.

The fix-gitattributes-data branch had been merged and removed. Now that
we have submodules, we try and "fixup" the submodules in case that an MR
has a submodule which hasn't been merged yet. This was green and it went
forward with the build, but the top-level checkout had failed, so it
just ran with what was there before.

We should have the submodule update logic fail if the top-level git repo
failed to get what it wanted.

--Ben