[vtk-developers] Dashboard machines and git lfs

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Thu Nov 30 08:37:00 EST 2017

> I'm really impressed with git lfs. Maybe I'll see if there is someway to use cake to detect if it is installed. Then we could skip tests or examples that reference lfs data.

We have been happy with it for CMB/SMTK. We use an empty file marked for storage with LFS (in .gitattributes) to detect whether the LFS smudge has been run. See lines 153-166 here:

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmb/smtk/blob/285a424a4b6c21c54aa314d6693dee39fb27d027/CMakeLists.txt#L166

for the CMake test we use.

    David