[vtk-developers] ANN: Deprecating Tcl

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Thu Nov 16 11:18:09 EST 2017

Hi,

I've made an MR to deprecate Tcl for 8.1 and remove it for 9.0. There
was discussion before the hackathon on it, but it seems to have been
missed.

Deprecating it is easy, but there are related modules which are now in
question:

    vtkRenderingTk
    vtkTclTk (a third party module)

Are these also able to be removed? I'm seeing only "sweeping change"
maintenance for the directory since 2012 except for these commits by
David Gobbi:

    commit cd1c29e6cd21c84994ae29a9dbeda170751f592f