[vtk-developers] Sorting legacy data to go with modules

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Mon Nov 13 14:59:47 EST 2017

Hi,

I'm going through VTK's CMake for some cleanups and I found the
vtkLegacyData module. I'd like to see it gone, but there's lots of work
to do.

I opened an issue here:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17172

which lists the directories which are being unconditionally downloaded
when testing is enabled. I see some that are apparently completely
unused and others which can easily be moved to a single module (though
there may be unused files within each directory that can be removed).
The others may need split. Note that double checking that my module
relationships are correct is recommended; I only used `git grep`.

If you'd like to take one (or more!) of them, leave a comment (with a
link to the MR if you have one) and I'll update the list. Please do not
use `Closes #17172`, but instead `See #17172` so that it stays open, but
a link between the two is still made.

Thanks,

--Ben