[vtk-developers] Interaction with color/opacity editors in vtkChartXY broken on retina display

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Mon May 29 11:34:28 EDT 2017

I suspect there's a bug in Qt when it comes to reparenting QOpenGLWidget. I
can reproduce an issue with ParaView on linux when I simply undock the
Color Map Editor and then redock it. The Color/Opacity widgets stay black.
Looking at the code, I see this [1] happens when the dock widget is docked
back into the main window. As expected the OpenGL context is destroyed, and
QVTKOpenGLWIdget correctly does the cleanup. But the QVTKOpenGLWidget never
gets a follow on paintGL call (unless I mouse over to resize the dock panel
manually). Thus QVTKOpenGLWidget new repaints into the newly minted
OpenGLContext/FBO resulting in a black widget.

Utkarsh

[1]
https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qtbase/src/widgets/kernel/qopenglwidget.cpp.html#1418