[vtk-developers] Interaction with color/opacity editors in vtkChartXY broken on retina display

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri May 26 06:52:06 EDT 2017

Hi all,

We're using

    vtkColorTransferFunctionItem
    vtkColorTransferControlPointsItem

    vtkCompositeTransferFunctionItem
    vtkCompositeControlPointsItem

in a vtkChartXY for editing of color/opacity transfer functions,
similar I believe to what ParaView does.

I noticed on a retina Mac that interaction seems off. Clicking one
place seems to lead to a response at the wrong point in the editor.

Some experimenting later, it seems that I can click in the upper half
of the composite editor (which we use for opacity), and I get a
response at the corresponding place in the lower half of it.

Anyone seen this and know if there's something I can do about it? It's
a showstopper for our application on Mac.

In the color editor (the vtkColorTransferFunctionItem /
vtkColorTransferControlPointsItem pair), I can't get a response at all
:/

Grateful for any tips from people using these classes on retina Mac.

We're using VTK 8.0.0.rc1.

Elvis