[vtk-developers] Volume won't show on Win7/Intel HD4600 with QVTKOpenGLWidget in 8.0.0.rc1

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Thu May 25 14:35:45 EDT 2017

> Fails for me, too, on a 3.5 year old Dell XPS laptop, Windows 8.1,
> with an Intel HD Graphics 4000 running driver version 10.18.10.3316. I
> get your TestCase app window with nothing but an empty (white) client
> region.
>
> An app we have built against VTK 6.2-ish with the old OpenGL using
> VolumeSmartMapper works fine on this very same machine.
>
> Another data point...

Finally a reproduction, I was beginning to despair :) Thanks a lot David.

And just to make sure, Aron, did you run the test case as "TestCase
1", with a parameter? That's the crucial thing, as otherwise it'll
just use a regular vtkRenderWindow/vtkRenderWindowInteractor (not
QVTKOpenGLWidget), and not exhibit the problem.

Elvis