[vtk-developers] Strange renderering with mixed polydata/volume with QVTKOpenGLWidget

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Tue May 23 05:35:04 EDT 2017

>> The test case I sent was just that.
>

> Sorry, it got lost in my inbox. found it :).
>
> Attached is another patch. This tries a different approach to addressing the
> alpha issue. Leaving the QSurfaceFormat unchanged, can you try the attached
> patch and tell me how it goes? It's a patch for VTK.

I applied the patch to the VTK 8.0.0.rc1 I'm using on the Mac, and can
confirm that this fixes the problem: I no longer have to use
setAlphaBufferSize(0) on the QSurfaceFormat to avoid the alpha
problem. Thanks!

I still haven't gotten back the Win 8.1/nVidia machine, so I haven't
been able to verify the setAlphaBufferSize(0) fix nor this patch there
yet. But I feel confident that the issue I saw there (shown in the
screenshots in my first main) was the same as on the Mac, so is
probably solved.

The issue I'm having on Windows 7/intel now (volumes not showing) is
orthogonal to this alpha issue, and I made a separate post about that.

Thanks a lot for the assistance Utkarsh!

Elvis