[vtk-developers] Static pages for VTKExamples

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Mon May 15 15:57:25 EDT 2017

If VTK examples have their own dedicated wiki (and not mixed with user-contributed content) then it's a different story, most of the problems that I wrote about have much less impact.

But then why would you use wiki instead of other, well-established documentation generator tools? Auto-generated content would not benefit from collaborative editing capabilities of wiki, but you would still pay the price of it (in that you need a server to run it, it is probably less efficient than serving static html, you are more restricted in structure, formatting, etc).

Andras