[vtk-developers] [EXTERNAL] Re: Request for feedback: Gitlab examples wiki

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Wed May 3 11:32:57 EDT 2017

Nice job Bill. Thanks.

Despite the limitations you have identified, I think transitioning to
gitlab makes it easier for people to use the examples resource, and also,
easier to maintain the VTK eco-system.

The yet-to-come steps to add an example will also be a nice addition.

IMHO, the right pane could be helpful if it were a true index of the
sections so that one could easily switch between them without scrolling
back to the top of the page, and if it could be collapsed.

I think this is a step yet too distant, but having an image gallery instead
of (or in addition to) a list would be helpful for such cases in which the
person seeks by a visualization rather than by the filter name. It may
happen that we have difficulties in identifying the right name/class in the
class index. I think someone pointed an example during the hackathon, but
as pointed then, the wiki is not well adapted to that.

May be sharing that could be useful in case someone has a better idea, or
else just for the records.

JON HAITZ