[vtk-developers] Disable vtkNetCDF module without disabling StandAlone group?

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Sat Mar 11 08:44:34 EST 2017

Hi all,

I'm trying to disable building of the vtkNetCDF module without
disabling the entire StandAlone group. Is it possible?

It looks to me like it isn't, since vtkNetCDF is part of the StandAlone group.

But if I do -DVTK_Group_StandAlone=OFF (which I'm not even sure is
possible?), then I think I must individually enable all the modules of
that group that I want, which leads to a lot (!) of cmake arguments :/

My goal is to compile VTK without linking to the HDF5 library.

Thanks in advance,
Elvis