[vtk-developers] OpenVR HTC Vive

Ricardo ricardo_morello at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 22 14:21:31 EDT 2017

 I've been trying to use VTK with OpenVR on an HTC Vive Glass, and I am
facing some problems I can't seem to solve. First of all, I'm using Visual
Studio 2015 x64 on a Windows 10 machine with VTK 7.1.1, following the
instructions at
https://blog.kitware.com/using-virtual-reality-devices-with-vtk/. When
trying to compile an example on VS
(http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK/Examples/Cxx/GeometricObjects/Cylinder) the
volume seems to be preetty normal when seen from my monitor. However, when
seen from the vive glasses, the cylinder does not appear, and in it's place
there is only a dark image.
VTK was built using VS 2015 with both  the Module_VTKRenderingOpenVR and
VTK_OPENVR_OBJECT_FACTORY checked.
Thanks for the help!