[vtk-developers] reading 3D RAW images through vtkImageReader

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Wed Jun 21 17:42:19 EDT 2017

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap my head around reading in 3D RAW images through the
vtkImageReader class and am confused about how it's supposed to work when
there are a list of files passed to the reader. I guess the first question
is -- should be able to be done at all?

For a list of 2D RAW images it is required to set the DataExtent in the
third direction to be the number of 2D RAW images (e.g. extent[6] = {0,
xextent, 0, yxtent, 0, numfiles-1}).  If multiple 3D RAW images can be
specified would the extent then look like extent[6] = {0, xextent, 0,
yxtent, 0, (zextent+1)*numfiles-1}) ?

Thanks,
Andy