[vtk-developers] More zero-copy array support for Python

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Jun 16 09:22:42 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 16, 2017 at 8:37 AM, David Gobbi <david.gobbi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Yesterday I merged the wrapping of the vtkSOADataArrays, and also added a
> new wrapper hint to assist with VTK's zero-copy methods.

This is really cool David, thanks for adding this!

> Also: vtkSOADataArrayTemplate is now wrapped, but vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate is
> not.  Currently the wrappers think that vtkDataArray is the immediate
> superclass of vtkFloatArray etc.  This could be changed, if there are use
> cases for directly instantiating vtkAOSDataArrayTemplate.

It's probably time to remove the workarounds that trick the wrappers
into thinking DataArray is the superclass of the AOSArray subclasses.
That's mainly a leftover from when the wrappers couldn't handle
templates. I suppose if it's working for SOA arrays, it should work
for AOS, too.

Dave