[vtk-developers] vtkOBJImporter associated MTL files

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Wed Jun 14 14:02:31 EDT 2017

Hello devs,

Recently, we’ve started running into issues with vtkOBJImporter because it
assumes that there is always an associated MTL file (with the same name)
available next to the OBJ file. Merge request #2933
<https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/2933> addresses this.
Since this changes the behavior of the importer, I want to make sure that
there are no objections before merging. Please let me know if there is a
strong use-case for keeping the assumption.

Thanks,
Sankhesh
​
--
Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417