[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Announce: vtk 8.0.0.rc2 ready for testing

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Jun 9 02:28:09 EDT 2017

Hi Sankhesh,

Nice to see rc2 out, it has a fix for a problem I reported (thanks!). I'll
update our software probably later today.

See below though.

Den 8 juni 2017 10:33 em skrev "Sankhesh Jhaveri" <
sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com>:

> The VTK maintenance team is happy to announce that the second release
candidate has been tagged for VTK 8.0.

> You can find the source, data and documentation tarballs here:
>
> http://www.vtk.org/download/#candidate
>
> Changes new to this release candidate include
>
> Deprecated vtkFiltersMatlab and vtkFiltersStatisticsGnuR modules
> Removes deprecated classes like vtkStreamer, vtkStreamPoints and
vtkStreamLine

> Take a look at the VTK wiki for a complete list of API changes in v8.0.0
over the previous version.

> Please try this version of VTK and report any issues to the VTK mailing
list or the bug tracker so that we can try to address them before the VTK
8.0.0 final. Kindly set the 8.0 milestone on the issues and merge requests
to ensure that they are tracked during the remainder of the 8.0 release
process.

Just wanted to remind about

https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/issues/17058

which I think should be a blocker for 8.0.0. I couldn't find a way to set
the milestone when I reported, but I guess I just don't have the necessary
bits.

Just wanted to promote this issue a little, as I was afraid it was falling
through the cracks.

Thanks,
Elvis

Further, please base / rebase all 8.0 target branches off of the v8.0.0.rc2
tag (or earlier) to ensure minimal merge conflicts with the release branch.

http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ