[vtk-developers] VTK Python wheels?

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Jul 26 09:20:23 EDT 2017

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 14:30:41 -0600, David Gobbi wrote:
> As a quick follow-up, I took J-C's new wheel builder for a spin today (
> https://github.com/jcfr/VTKPythonPackage), and very quickly got a wheel
> that I could install on my Mac.

Cool. I'll try and take a look at it in the coming weeks. I'll probably
have an example ParaView wheel before VTK since it already uses the new
superbuild infrastructure, but I want to move VTK's superbuild over to
it as well.

> I had to set DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH for "import
> vtk" to work.  I'm guessing the @loader_path magic (via delocate or other
> means) isn't implemented yet?

When the superbuild supports wheels, that will work (the packging
rewrites all IDs and links to use @executable_path or @loader_path
depending on the library type).

--Ben