[vtk-developers] Is someone working on the bigmac failures?

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Jul 3 12:54:51 EDT 2017

On Fri, 30 Jun 2017 09:56:41 -0400, Shawn Waldon said:

>Ping?  Is anyone still working on this?

I'm not.  I don't believe we agreed on a plan either.

I've asked on the cocoa-dev list and am pretty sure we are stuck with NSWindow's behaviour, which is: round sizes *up* to even integral sizes.

David's suggestion of changing the testing system so that it tolerates a 1-pixel difference in the size in the images I agree is probably best, in the short term at least.  Still, if we were starting from scratch, it seems to me that having test output and baselines of identical sizes would be preferable.  Perhaps as tests are maintained, they should be updated to not use odd sizes?

I wonder too if we ought to add a log/warning to SetSize() implementations when users of the API provide odd sizes?

Sean