[vtk-developers] google summer of code 2017?

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Jan 23 07:17:47 EST 2017

Hey Gang,

Who's excited to be a GSoC mentor this summer?

GSoC is a great program that trains new developers by pairing them with
experienced mentors immersed in open source projects like VTK. In the past
we've gotten some good contributions out of the students, including
chemistry work, threaded image filter improvements, and vtk-m algorithms to
name a few.

The only drawback is that mentoring, when done right, is a significant
effort. As such I'm looking for volunteers first that are excited to mentor
this summer and are able to commit to finding the time for it. Those
volunteers will have to dream up compelling ideas (better than last years
or VTK won't be accepted into the program) that will attract and maintain
student interest throughout the summer.

Please let me know if you are willing this year. If we get enough interest
I'll put our application together.

thanks!

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.