[vtk-developers] Dashboard

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Tue Jan 3 15:00:33 EST 2017

On Tue, 3 Jan 2017 14:50:50 -0500, Marcus D. Hanwell said:

>So that the binaries we ship work with older versions of the OS, or
>that is my understanding and why we have continued to do this.

Ah, no, that's a common misconception.  There is a different setting called "deployment target" that decides the oldest version of the OS that binaries will run on.  It's called "CMAKE_OSX_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET" in cmake.  So it's perfectly OK to use Xcode 8 with its 10.12 SDK but with deployment target set to say 10.9.  Then your binary will work on >= 10.9.  It's a much better choice than hacking your Xcode.

Cheers,

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com