[vtk-developers] undefined reference to `glXGetProcAddressARB'

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Fri Feb 17 10:31:08 EST 2017

Hi Jean,

We use glew for Winddows Linux and OSX. When you run cmake and configure it
produces a lot of output. The first part shows what modules are on and why
they are on. That output should show vtk is causing vtkglew to be turned
on. From that we can try tracking down why that is on.

Thanks
Ken

On Fri, Feb 17, 2017 at 10:19 AM, Favre Jean <jfavre at cscs.ch> wrote:

> Hello
>
> Am trying to compile the bare minimum of VTK; I don't need graphics, just
> some IO and filters to test SMPTools. I am on a Power8 machine with 160
> cores.
>
> I have configure the VTK (trunk), with
>
> -DBUILD_TESTING=OFF \
> -DVTK_SMP_IMPLEMENTATION_TYPE:STRING=TBB  \
> -DTBB_LIBRARY_RELEASE=/opt/at10.0/lib64/libtbb.so.2 \
> -DTBB_INCLUDE_DIR=/opt/at10.0/include \
> -DVTK_WRAP_PYTHON:BOOL=ON \
> -DVTK_Group_Rendering:BOOL=OFF
> -DVTK_USE_X:BOOL=OFF
>
> Yet, I am getting the following error, and could not find what else to
> turn OFF to get over it. Wouldn't the glew stuff be needed only for X-based
> rendering?
>
> [ 21%] Linking C shared library ../../../lib/libvtkglew-7.1.so
> CMakeFiles/vtkglew.dir/src/glew.c.o: In function
> `_glewInit_GL_VERSION_1_3':
> /users/jfavre/VTK/ThirdParty/glew/vtkglew/src/glew.c:3495: undefined
> reference to `glXGetProcAddressARB'
>
> Thanks for any tip.
> Jean

Ken Martin PhD
Chairman & CFO
Kitware Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park NY 12065
518 371 3971

This communication, including all attachments, contains confidential and
legally privileged information, and it is intended only for the use of the
addressee.  Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any
action taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you
received this communication in error please notify us immediately and
destroy the original message.  Thank you.