[vtk-developers] Use of nullptr

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Feb 1 10:53:35 EST 2017

On Wed, Feb 1, 2017 at 8:59 AM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Recent changes to files in GUISupprt/Qt use nullptr, which is a c++11
> construct. I know we are moving to c++11, but for the time being it
> seems that nullptr could be replaced will NULL in these two files
> without any impact.

I was under the impression we had already moved to C++11, and it
seemed like a reasonable thing to use. I can replace it with NULL if
that is preferred, sorry if I jumped the gun on moving forward with
this.

What is the reasoning not to use it though, our CMake files require
C++11 and this was one of the first things added to compilers from
C++11 when it was 0x.

Thanks,

Marcus