[vtk-developers] Parsing and reading json files

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Tue Dec 12 09:08:48 EST 2017

Background:
I am working with a research team performing biological simulation (UConn
fungal simulation
<https://research.uconn.edu/2017/10/19/uconn-healthjax-faculty-wins-2-7m-grant-to-develop-better-tools-for-biomedical-modeling/>).
Their simulation code (NetLogo <https://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/>) has
been instrumented to output JSON files for the purposes of visualization.

Advice needed:
We need to read their data so I intend to write a VTK reader to parse these
JSON files. It appears that "VTK/ThirdParty/jsoncpp" is the way to go,
please correct me if I am wrong and/or offer an alternate approach.

Best,

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com