[vtk-developers] [vtkusers] Standard human anatomical position

Andras Lasso lasso at queensu.ca
Tue Dec 12 08:40:39 EST 2017

You can grab this one from 3D Slicer (all resource files that we put into Slicer can be used without even attribution):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ftwq3egtun19um/SlicerHumanOrientationMarker.png?dl=0

https://github.com/Slicer/Slicer/blob/master/Base/Logic/Resources/OrientationMarkers/Human.vtp

The model is shaped colored to make it easy to distinguish directions (left/right, up/down, front/back), even when shown in a small size. Color information is stored embedded as scalar data, so you don’t need to load it separately from a texture file.

Andras