[vtk-developers] Getting 0 response for all my questions

Amine Aboufirass amine.aboufirass at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 02:43:12 EST 2017

Hello,

In the last month or so, I have sent over 4 detailed messages with
legitimate queries on vtk functionality to the vtk users mailing list, the
vtk developers mailing list and also the kitware support line. The kitware
support always either 1)  refer me back to the mailing lists or 2) propose
paid support. I am getting no support from the users/developers mailing
list.

Some of the questions I hve been sending include the following:

   - subject: ExtractByLocation (sent on 01-Dec-2017)
   - subject: write unstructured grid vtk file to query-able database
   format (sent in 11-Nov-2017)
   - subject: trying to extract points by location (sent in 11-Nov-2017)
   -  subject: Extracting selection from UnstructuredGridDataset using
   python (sent in 16-Nov-2017)

I believe my questions are appropriate for the mailing list and I do not
understand why they are not getting any response. I have also checked the
mailing list options to make sure I am not blocking responses and I don't
think I am.

Is vtk an open source tool? or does one need to be part of some special
community to receive support for basic functionality which comes with the
free package?

Thanks for your consideration and look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,

Amine