[vtk-developers] Request for comment: New VTK Examples and doxygen pages

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 29 14:41:27 EDT 2017

Folks,

The new (former wiki) examples is getting some decent traffic.
https://lorensen.github.io/VTKExamples/site/

The new examples have a custom search so a user can type a class name
and get all examples that use that class (it is a custom google search
engine).

I wonder if we should consider including these examples in:
http://www.vtk.org/doc/nightly/html/pages.html

There are currently over 800 c++ examples and over 140 python
examples. Maybe there are too many and they might overload the system.

The current page generator is written in perl so I can't be pf any help...

Thoughts?

Bill