[vtk-developers] What is the latest format/technology to export rendered objects in mobile device with interactiion

Sebastien Jourdain sebastien.jourdain at kitware.com
Fri Aug 18 10:50:17 EDT 2017

Hi Richard,

The more modern approach to VRML would be X3D and you should be able to
find/develop some web viewer based on that format.

On the other hand, like Dave was mentioning we are developing vtk.js which
keep the same concept as VTK which allow a natural path forward from
C++/Python to JavaScript.
We don't have a proper JavaScript Scene Exporter in VTK for vtk.js, but we
have a ParaView macro which mostly deal with VTK classes and for which you
should be able to write your own exporter either in Python or C++ in a
fairly easy manner. Until we'll provide such class inside VTK proper.

Some data examples and usage with code can be found here:
https://kitware.github.io/vtk-js/examples/StandaloneSceneLoader.html

Good luck,

Seb