[vtk-developers] Unused Template Warnings

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 2 15:10:02 EDT 2017

I wonder... perhaps clang only warns about these templates because they are
declared as "static".  It's generally expected that static functions will
be used within the execution unit in which they are defined.  If the
"static" is removed, then the compiler should treat the templates as inline
functions and it will let the linker deal with the ODR.

Is there any reason not to remove "static" from the declarations of these
templates?

 - David