[vtk-developers] VTK Hackathon this Thursday

Jon Haitz Legarreta jhlegarreta at vicomtech.org
Thu Apr 27 12:40:21 EDT 2017

Hi,
although the example in this case does not seem too long to me, reaching a
consensus in terms of what results in a too long code or an overly
complicated example may be hard.

There is already some sort of regression/baseline testing if the test
produces an output in terms of an image/file, right?

Without harm to the idea of steadily adding more tests to/improving the
existing ones, if the examples are the entry-point for newcomers, I
wouldn't add explicit regression in their code.

I'd favor the idea of making clear in the examples what is essential for a
VTK class to be used. Otherwise, if a given class requires a couple or a
few examples to show all of its potential or essential features, I'd add
them as needed.

JON HAITZ