[vtk-developers] Delayed mouse interaction due to event-loop bug in Qt5

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Mon Apr 10 15:10:17 EDT 2017

> Hi Elvis,
>
> In prior emails you mentioned that you use a QVTKWidget subclass (or
> QVTKWidget2?) that contains a workaround for this event issue.  Is this
> class something that you can share?  Do you recommend using this workaround,
> or is the patched qt5.5 preferable?

Sure, I'm attaching VTKWidget.h/cpp, which contains the QVTKWidget
subclass I'm currently using.

If I remember correctly, it was David Gobbi who led me to this
workaround, so he should have the credit.

It's of course preferable to use a fixed Qt (5.6 or higher, or patched
5.5.1), but I'll use this workaround until the patched package is in
the xenial-updates repo (the upload to xenial-proposed seems to take
some time, I guess the approvers are busy).

Elvis