[vtk-developers] OffScreenRendering crash on CircleCI (Mac OSX)

Sankhesh Jhaveri sankhesh.jhaveri at kitware.com
Wed Apr 5 16:57:55 EDT 2017

Folks,

We’re running into a strange crash on mac containers (OSX 10.11.6) created
by CircleCI with VTK (OpenGL backend).

VTK compiles fine and seems to work with OffScreenRenderingOff but crashes
at the first OpenGL call with OffScreenRenderingOn(). Unfortunately, I
can’t reproduce this on my mac machine and haven’t been able to make
headway within the half hour that CircleCI provides.

Again, this is the OpenGL backend. No crashes with the OpenGL2 backend.
If anyone has come across this or has an idea how to debug/reproduce/fix
this, kindly drop me a hint.

Thanks,
Sankhesh
​
--
Sankhesh Jhaveri *Sr. Research & Development Engineer* | Kitware
<http://www.kitware.com/> | (518) 881-4417