[vtk-developers] How to set several scalars to vtkPoint ?

houssen houssen at ipgp.fr
Sun Apr 2 13:12:00 EDT 2017

May use a lookup table ? Not familiar with that but seems it's not what
I need ?!...

Somebody knows how to get back to this broken link
ttp://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.vtk.user/6761/match=points+scalar+color
I got from
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtkusers/2003-August/019748.html

Le 2017-04-02 18:39, houssen a écrit :
> KO ! Does not work (realize I tried this before !) => I only get
> data1 OR data2 (never both of them) in the written .vtu file...
> It is possible to make this work or to create a N-sized-vector.
>
> BTW, data1 is "pressure", data2 is "velocity" (that is data 1 and 2
> are not related to each other)
>
> Franck
>
> Le 2017-04-02 18:24, Bill Lorensen a écrit :
>> Try
>> uGrid->GetPointdata()->AddArray(data2);
>>

>> On Sun, Apr 2, 2017 at 12:01 PM, houssen <houssen at ipgp.fr> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How to set several scalars to vtkPoint ?
>>>
>>> Seems vtkDataPoint scratchs the previous scalar array ?!
>>>
>>> vtkSmartPointer<vtkIntArray> data1 =
>>> vtkSmartPointer<vtkIntArray>::New();
>>> data1->SetName("data1");
>>> vtkSmartPointer<vtkIntArray> data2 =
>>> vtkSmartPointer<vtkIntArray>::New();
>>> data2->SetName("data2");
>>> for (...) {data1->SetValue(idx, d1[i]); data2->SetValue(idx,
>>> d2[idx]) }
>>> uGrid->GetPointdata()->SetScalars(data1); // OK