[vtk-developers] UseJitteringOn() has no effect in 7.1.0.rc1

Elvis Stansvik elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com
Fri Oct 14 12:41:10 EDT 2016

Den 14 okt. 2016 6:01 em skrev "Alvaro Sanchez" <alvaro.sanchez at kitware.com
>:
>
> Indeed Elvis, pretty standard settings, I can try to reproduce it here
without a specific test case.  What are the volume dimensions?

Oh I'm not 100% sure I have that in my head, and I'm on the train, but I
think that in the left view in my video, that is a series of stacked
volumes, each roughly 100x100x1000, while the view to the right showing a
selected segment is maybe 300x300x~500 (definitely 300 in two of the
dimensions.

Elvis

elvis.stansvik at orexplore.com> wrote:

>> Den 14 okt. 2016 3:54 em skrev "Alvaro Sanchez" <
alvaro.sanchez at kitware.com>:

>> > Hi Elvis,
>> >
>> > the mapper uses a vtkPerlinNoise instance to generate the jitter noise
and as far as I know there are currently no knobs exposed to tweak the
amount of ray perturbation.  Are you using the GL2 backend?  It would also
be good to know what features are active along with ray jittering (multiple
components, etc.), so if you could provide some sample data or code would
be very helpful.

>> Hi Alvaro, and thanks for replying.
>>
>> This is single component float data. Shading is turned off. Apart from
that I think it's the default settings.

>> I'll try to make a minimal test case including sample data. I'm going
away over the weekend. I'm bringing my laptop, but if I don't have time,
you'll at least have it on Monday.

http://markmail.org/search/?q=vtk-developers