[vtk-developers] Correct choice of data type

Lodron, Gerald Gerald.Lodron at joanneum.at
Tue Nov 29 02:18:29 EST 2016

Hello

What would be the correct data type for a ordered Point Cloud like data from a 3D range sensor. Would it be a Rectilinear Grid? Currently I use vtkPolydata but this data is not ordered as on images. Is it possible to specify "nodata" values in that datatype? When I set values in vtkPolydata to QNan I get crashes....

PS: I want to use the data set in paraview....

Best regards,
gerald

Gerald Lodron

Researcher of Machine Vision Applications Group
DIGITAL - Institute for Information and Communication Technologies

Steyrergasse 17, 8010 Graz, AUSTRIA

phone:   +43-316-876-1751
general fax: +43-316-876-1751
web: http://www.joanneum.at/digital