[vtk-developers] Caching library

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Nov 3 11:01:49 EDT 2016

This would be a potentially very useful addition, as long as it was done in
a way that followed the correct VTK patterns. You will probably create a
custom vtkExecutive subclass (probably a subclass of
vtkCompositeDataPipeline) to do this. We have an external module
functionality that can be used to host this externally but optionally pull
it into a VTK build. Bill Lorensen is the expert there and can provide some
guidance I hope.

C++11 should not be an issue. VTK will require C++11 in the next version
coming in the beginning of 2018. It is currently possible to enable C++11
enable support and everything compiles & works.

Best,
-berk