[vtk-developers] C++11 compiler flags not set.

Andrew Maclean andrew.amaclean at gmail.com
Fri May 27 01:42:53 EDT 2016

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Currently when building the master, I am getting many warnings along these
lines:
"warning: override controls (override/final) only available with -std=c++11
or -std=gnu++11
   void UnRegister(vtkObjectBase* o) VTK_OVERRIDE;"

It seems VTK_USE_CXX11_FEATURES is not setting the compiler flags for C++11.
The evidence for this is that I get a clean build when manually adding
-std=c++11 to CXXFLAGS.
Once this is done the only warnings are those about auto_ptr being
deprecated.

I thought the role of VTK_USE_CXX11_FEATURES was to set up the compiler to
use c++11 features making it unnecessary to add it in CXXFLAGS.

I'm building on Ubuntu 16.04, gcc 5.3.1 using the latest master.

Regards
   Andrew

Andrew J. P. Maclean