[vtk-developers] [EXTERNAL] Commit log guidelines

Bill Lorensen bill.lorensen at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:21:48 EDT 2016

Compare the last 20 commit subjects (removed Merge) for vtk and itk
ITK-----------------------------------
ENH: Reduce number of dependencies for XML files generated for wrapping
ENH: CovariantVector's Normalize returns the norm.
COMP: Update CastXML to support Visual Studio 2015 Update 2.
VNL 2016-04-26 (6b168535)
BUG: Wrapping intermediate files were not automatically updated
COMP: Do not set wrapping library visibility with static builds.
COMP: Update CastXML to support Visual Studio 2015 Update 2.
ENH: Test address of NumericTraits One and Zero constexpr
BUG: Don't use "=" in cmake variable name
STYLE: Use consistent path for try_compiles binary directory
ENH: Prefer ZeroValue function over variable
ENH: Deprecate MaskLabel in N4BiasFieldCorrectionImageFilter.
COMP: Hack HDF5 to build under ASan & UBSan
BUG: Increase MaskLabel backwards compatibility in N4 bias correction.
ENH: Use argparse instead of optparse in igenerator.py
ENH: switch gdcm to release branch, not release-2-4
BUG: Initialize azimuth and elevation to pi/2 in PhasedArray3D.
BUG: Prevent division by zero in PhasedArray3DSpecialCoordinatesImage.
COMP: Fix RayCastInterpolateImageFunction wrapping for image dim 2

VTK------------------------
Adding tools for efficient file system introspection.
Clean up character array in test.
Add missing return statement to NULL check.
wrap function signatures longer than 80 characters
Fixed return type of various comparison operators from int to bool
Fixed cppcheck knownConditionTrueFalse warnings
Fixed cppcheck unsignedLessThanZero warning
Fixed all cppcheck operatorEq warnings
fix for recently renamed enum
limit comments to ASCII characters, to prevent encoding issues
fix class references in vtkDataObject's documentation
Fixes culling in GPURayCast.
vtkFFMPEGWriter: Fix build with libavcodec57
vtkFFMPEGWriter: Use avformat_write_header return value
ENH: Improve coverage of vtkGenericGeometryFilter
Replace SafeDownCast calls on arrays with vtkArrayDownCast.
Allow NULL inputs to array FastDownCast methods.
use enum for FlyModes in vtkCubeAxesActor2D.h
ibo creation was not setting Index to zero when no cells
Fix vtkPolyData Reset