[vtk-developers] AddObserver for vtkChartXY with a vtkColorTransferFunction

Brad Hollister behollis at sci.utah.edu
Mon May 9 19:48:33 EDT 2016

Hi,

With the Python wrapping, I'm trying to add an observer that allows
the user to select a custom color when adding a new point to a
vtkChartXY containing a vtkColorTranferFunction.

It is possible to catch 'StartEvent', 'ModifiedEvent', or 'EndEvent'
from vtkColorTransferFunction. However, this requires a way to
determine if a new point has been added for those events -- there
doesn't appear to be a good / clean way to do this.

Why is it not possible to have 'PlacePointEvent' associated with the
vtkColorTransferFunction instead, when a new point is added? Is there
an event that is particular to a color point being added that I'm not
aware of? I'd ideally like that type of event to trigger my callback.

Regards,
Brad