[vtk-developers] Changes to the way the pipeline is updated

Aashish Chaudhary aashish.chaudhary at kitware.com
Wed Mar 2 15:39:15 EST 2016

Berk,

+100 for the new API. Why not pass time as part of the update? So
instead of this

Update(int piece, int numPieces, int ghostLevel);
Update(int piece, int numPieces, int ghostLevel, int* updateExtent);
UpdateTimeStep(double time);
UpdateTimeStep(double time, int piece, int numPieces, int ghostLevel);
UpdateTimeStep(double time, int piece, int numPieces, int ghostLevel,
int* updateExtent);

You will have:
Update(int piece, int numPieces, int ghostLevel);
Update(int piece, int numPieces, double time, int ghostLevel);
Update(int piece, int numPieces, int ghostLevel, int* updateExtent);
Update(int piece, int numPieces, double time, int ghostLevel, int*
updateExtent);

since for most part their argument is almost identical.

- aashish