[vtk-developers] Changes to the way the pipeline is updated

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:12:08 EST 2016

Hi Berk,

One of the things that I'm not quite sure about is, why is it permitted to
call algorithm->UpdateExtent() with no arguments?

  int UpdateExtent(const int extents[6]=0)

If I understand the code, UpdateExtent() with no args is the same as
Update().  It seems dangerous to allow this, because a programmer could
easily type UpdateExtent() by accident instead of UpdateWholeExtent(),
especially if they have autocompletion turned on in their code editor (and
especially because Update() and UpdateWholeExtent() give the same result
most of the time).

 - David