[vtk-developers] Indentation style and converting to Doxygen style docs

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 15:46:53 EDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Marcus D. Hanwell <
marcus.hanwell at kitware.com> wrote:

> VTK's indentation style has been discussed several times, and it looks
> like we have agreement upon moving to a new style. I know there are
> some scripts to make this happen too.

Utilities/Maintenance/vtk_reindent_code.py

> We were discussing this earlier internally - are there any remaining
> roadblocks. I see emails from David Gobbi in December 2015 saying it
> needs a little more time in the oven.

On December 20, 2015, I finished the doxygen fix for the wrappers...
so "a little more time" must have meant exactly that.

I'm not aware of any current roadblocks, at least not as far as the
wrappers are concerned.  The wrappers understand doxygen comments
well enough to generate the python docstrings from them.

Just make sure that someone does QC on the doxygen comments before
committing them.  It will be a lot easier to tweak doc_header2doxygen.pl to
make sure it produces tidy output, than it will be to fix up all the headers
after the fact.

 - David