[vtk-developers] VTK Coding Standards, C++11 override and =delete

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jun 16 12:56:14 EDT 2016

On Thu, 5 May 2016 15:55:22 -0400, Marcus D. Hanwell said:

>> Relatedly, I've added a VTK_DELETE_FUNCTION here:
>> <https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1459>
>>
>> and that implies changing Item 14, which currently reads: "Classes
>that derive from vtkObject should have protected constructors and
>destructors, and privately declared but unimplemented copy constructor
>and assignment operator."  We should now say that VTK_DELETE_FUNCTION
>should be used.
>>
>Seems reasonable to me. Both require a large number of changes

I just realized that we discussed & agreed about 'override', but '=delete' fell by the wayside.

What do we all think about:

 1) changing coding standards item 14:
 <https://docs.google.com/a/kitware.com/document/d/1nzinw-dR5JQRNi_gb8qwLL5PnkGMK2FETlQGLr10tZw/edit>

 2) adding a VTK_DELETE_FUNCTION, see: