[vtk-developers] New way of doing wrapper hints

David Thompson david.thompson at kitware.com
Mon Jun 6 11:12:10 EDT 2016

+1!

1. I assume that attributes are allowed prior to function parameters... from the spec it was not immediately obvious. For example, what about this method:

VTK_SIZEHINT(sz) double* findOrAddEntries(
    int key, int sz, VTK_SIZEHINT(sz) double* vals);

that both accepts and returns a variable-length array (of length sz, one of the other parameters)?

2. Would you put them in the declaration or implementation? I have a mild preference for the implementation so that the declaration is short and easy to skim.

    David