[vtk-developers] vtkDepthImageToPointCloud

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Fri Jul 15 06:09:15 EDT 2016

FYI- especially for those of you interested in point clouds-

with the help of some friends I added a threaded (vtkSMPTools) filter to
transform a depth map plus optional color information into a point cloud.
There are some nice features like the ability to cull points on the back
clipping plane (which is typically the less interesting part of the image).
The major intent is to provide simulated data for point cloud processing
and to test point algorithms. However I'm sure that there are other clever
things we'll come up with like using it to "seed" streamline generation or
perform sampling for statistical analysis.

Have fun,

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc. - Building the World's Technical Computing Software
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
will.schroeder at kitware.com
http://www.kitware.com