[vtk-developers] Third-party zlib

Ben Boeckel ben.boeckel at kitware.com
Wed Jan 20 09:25:03 EST 2016

On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 06:15:53 -0700, David Gobbi wrote:
> There is a symbol leakage bug in zlib that I want to fix for vtk 7.0.0:
>
>   http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=15935
>
> However, there was a zlib third-party merge past the vtk 7 branch point:
>
>   https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1066
>
> What's the best solution here?  Should I do the fix via the usual
> third-party method (which will place it after the merge mentioned above,
> and therefore after the vtk 7 branch point), and then backport it to the
> release branch?

On release, this appears to work to sync it up with master's update:

    git cherry-pick -m1 71cdee4827de30075d8942a178aa32ab7f692470

Since it's a merge, we only need to do this for the last update done on
master to get all relevant changes.

See:

    https://gitlab.kitware.com/vtk/vtk/merge_requests/1101

--Ben