[vtk-developers] vtkAxisActor CalculateTitleOffset/CalculateLabelOffset

Mathieu Westphal mathieu.westphal at kitware.com
Fri Feb 26 09:11:05 EST 2016

Hello

Is anyone using the the
vtkAxisActor::CalculateTitleOffset/CalculateLabelOffset flags ?
I'm in the process of rewriting a big part of this class in order to add
Features.
It is true by default, but all users of this class pass it to false.
AFAIU, when this flag is true, the vtkAxisActor *user  *is suposed to take
care of setting the screenoffset itself, the axis actor only positioning
using position
and not position + offset as it should.

The code i'm working on is way more complicated, and i could implement this
flag as well, but it will overcomplicate this class, and if it is not used,
i would like to drop it and warning the flag as being ignored now. Of
course a code relying of this flag, if there is any, will break.

Mathieu Westphal